Week of September 10th, 2018
- The Launcher no longer shuts down and has to restart in case a title has specific startup issues. Instead the UI updates and allows trying to start the title again.
- NOTE: We will be improving this behavior to handle more startup issues as well as the UI to notify both the user and the operator about these launch issues in the future.
- Improved recognition of SteamVR shutting down or outright crashing.
- Improved recognition of the currently running title in case of title launch issues like the end user license agreement not being accepted yet.
- More information about how to accept EULAs can be found here.
- Improved handling of the operating system going into standby/sleep/hibernate and resuming afterwards.
- Prevented the Launcher restarting in case the previous title doesn’t successfully start after a timeout and the user used the UI to get back to the Launcher or even started another title already.
- Prevented waiting for the last started title to run when shutting down the Desktop Client.
- Prevented starting the Launcher when shutting down the Desktop Client while in Idle Mode.
- Fixed a rare issue that resulted in the UI not showing up in the Launcher or the VR dashboard right after Idle Mode ends.
- Fixed a rare case of the Launcher starting up multiple times.
- Fixed a rare case of the running title quitting and the Launcher starting up instead.